Browning Road in Somerville is a hidden gem of a street with many architecturally significant houses. Part of Winter Hill, it’s tucked in on a dogleg between Central Street and Sycamore Street. When you travel down Browning Road, you know you’re in a unique neighborhood. I think it’s one of the prettiest streets in Somerville.
This weekend I’ll be hosting the open house for 10 Browning Road, Somerville, a single-family home new to the market and listed for $935,000. Somerville is made up of primarily two- and three-family homes (many of which have been converted to condominiums) and single-family homes are rare. To find one available for sale on such a lovely street is even more exceptional.
Somerville Single-Family Home Statistics
Data for the past 12 month period
- In the past 12 months, 91 single-family homes sold in Somerville (by comparison 470 condos sold in Somerville in the same time period)
- The average sale price for a single-family home in Somerville was $573,681
- The median sale price for a single-family home in Somerville was $550,000
- The least expensive single-family home sold for $206,000 (31 Tennyson Street) and the most expensive single-famliy home sold for $1,230,000 (31 Winslow Ave)
- Nine single-family homes sold in the past 12 months for $900,000 or more and all were in the Davis Square area
- Most single-family homes (in all price-points) sold for over-asking, particularly the higher-end (over $900,000) which sold for between 105-107% of the initial asking price
Please stop by 10 Browning Road in Somerville on Sunday, March 2nd from 12:00 – 1:30! You won’t be disappointed.